January 9, 2009

Palm Pre

I've been looking for an alternative for iPhone, not because I wasn't happy with it but because it lacks some of PDA features that I need (also, $69.99 per month is too much for me). At CES 2009, Palm demonstrated a new phone called Palm Pre. The hardware looks decent; it comes with built-in keyboard, which I prefer not to have (it makes the device thicker, plus I'm quite happy with graffiti).

They came up with a new OS called, Palm WebOS, which looks fabulous. The fact that all your info can be synced via web is very attractive, their multi-touch is pretty responsive, and most of all, their new 'card system' for multi-tasking is absolutely stunning.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the device. I stopped using Palm since 2002, but this may lead me back to a PDA I actually liked.

No comments: