January 6, 2009

Apple: iLife '09

I like Apple not only because their products (both hardware and software) are so beautiful, but also they always strive to be on top of what they do. Today, they released iLife '09, which blew my mind. As a person studying AI, it is exciting to see that Apple constantly makes effort to integrate AI to their OS (spotlight, genius, etc.), which no other vendors have tried (as far as I know). iPhoto '09 uses face detection and recognition, technologies that are still on development, but obviously ready to be used.



Interestingly enough, I was just thinking about switching to Google Picasa to organize my photos, but Apple once again succeeded to drag me down to their side. I hope they will keep up the work so I don't need to switch my main OS anytime soon.

No comments: